Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home last night from a short evenings shoot to a houseful of people. Next thing I know I get called outside and to my surprise there stands my brother-in-law with a yellow lab. I make the comment "you finally got a lab, huh?", to which he replied " no but you did". Turns out that, with permission from my wife, he trades in his English pointer for Spooner, a dog which I saw for sale on a few forums but knew I could not afford. Not sure what got into him, but after a sleepless night, for me, we spent our first day together making sure he would ride in the boat, and we threw a bumper a few times for fun. Went out to the Public Shooting Grounds and it was SLOWWW. Shot twice and picked up and came home. 32 seasons and I finally have a duck dog. Public thanks to my brother-in-law and 12volt man for "makin' a dream come true" :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sweet looking Lab. I cannot wait for the day that I can get a dog again.
Living in a small place is no place for a healthy pup!
Good luck with the rest of the season-training your new friend.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Nice picture of Public Shooting Grounds.... I've been in that spot and its usually pretty dang good. Thats a bummer that it was so slow for you.... :? Hopefully you and Spooner can pull some birds out of there before it freezes on you.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope you'll keep me posted on his travels. He's a fantastic dog. I miss him. Maybe we can go shoot some ducks together a few times.
Absolutely, I generally hunt 2-4 times a week during duck season and plan on hitting an upland club of one sort or another after duck season, or maybe during, to get some experience (for both of us). I'll keep the pics coming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts