Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just got a new job down in Fillmore. I moved down here from cache valley last week, but my family is still going to be up north for a bit longer till we get us a place to live. I'm dedicated on the cache unit so I'll be hunting deer up there a couple more years but probably doing most of my spike hunting down here. The challenge of a new unit is kind of fun for me. I learned a ton over the last few years up north, loved exploring the area and it should be awesome down here too.
My job gets done pretty early in the afternoon but my family isn't here right now and unfortunately I don't have my truck down here because I don't want to commute to Logan on 13 mpg every weekend. My point is, I'm bored as all get out in the evenings . If anyone wants someone to hike, fish, glass or hunt with down here, especially on weekdays let me know, I have nothing going on. I'm not very familiar with the area yet but from what I've seen, it's awesome country. I really look forward to learning it over the next few years.

·
Banned
9 Posts
You sound like an adventurous person such as myself. I love the wildlife experiences that Ohio has to offer all year round. My favorite one though is definitely fishing. You got to love the moments of tranquility that a great catch in the Cutle Reservoir can offer you on a nice sunny Sunday day. My top catches there are some bulky Bluegills. Speaking of fishing and hobbies I recently had the opportunity of adding hiking to the list as I tend to have so much more free time than my previous occupation. To be honest with the help of best side hustles and the geek I landed thanks to their advice I can enjoy Ohio's natural gifts at their fullest. I always wanted to do a transcribe job since I speak fluently 4 languages and the comfort of my home while doing my dream job is something else.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Those "hills" to the east of you now are full of deer, elk, turkeys and grouse. You can drive a car up Chalk Creek a ways and then get out and explore. Might just find some turkeys for the spring.

Never been before, but the Pahvant WMA is just to your west and supposedly has chukars. Clear Lake is out by Delta with waterfowl. Corn Creek down by Kanosh has trout. Not big, but fun to catch anyway and something to do on a warmer afternoon.

There's alot to do down there if you like being outside. Congrats on the new job! Can I ask what you do?

·
Administrator
21,311 Posts
You sound like an adventurous person such as myself. I love the wildlife experiences that Ohio has to offer all year round. My favorite one though is definitely fishing. You got to love the moments of tranquility that a great catch in the Cutle Reservoir can offer you on a nice sunny Sunday day.:grin::grin::grin:
I'd like ta have a nickel for every time I heard that.

Reactions: bowgy

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
You sound like an adventurous person such as myself. I love the wildlife experiences that Ohio has to offer all year round. My favorite one though is definitely fishing. You got to love the moments of tranquility that a great catch in the Cutle Reservoir can offer you on a nice sunny Sunday day.:grin::grin::grin:
Ha, someone from Louisiana talking about how great the wildlife is in Ohio mentioning a lake in the area that the op is moving from on a three month old thread. The bot algorithms are awesome.

Let me recommend https://theohiooutdoors.com/:p

Reactions: Bax*
1 - 5 of 5 Posts