Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don’t really have an opinion on whether the term is offensive or not. But native Americans very much were in support of removing this word from what I’ve read. I think it means something different to them than I ever thought or understood. This is how I explained it to my daughter in a way I felt she would understand: We are of the prominent faith here in Utah. Not long ago the president of our church asked us to no longer call ourselves “Mormons” and called on media and the general public to stop using that term as well. It’s not a term we want to be associated with any longer. These things happen. It’s not something I’m going to lose a lot of sleep over.
Well put. I'll never understand why people get bent out of shape over this kind of thing. Natives want us to change the name? Change the **** name and move on.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Am I the only one who finds it interesting that someone with the screen name of 'Jew'bacca is telling everyone to empathize and change names that offend?
Why, does Jewish heritage offend you? Are you surprised to find someone in Utah not of pioneer heritage? What are you, an anti-Semite?

I'm kidding around, but I really don't follow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts