Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always shot a caliper release but this year I want to try out either a thumb button or a back tension release. I have been looking at either the scott exxus or the scott backspin. but really I am looking for a good release for someone making the switch to a thumb button or back tension. what do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
650 Posts
When you say "back tension" do you mean a hing release? Back tension is a method of shooting, not a release type. Any release can be shot with back tension.

Scott makes a great release in my opinion. Personally, I prefer an index release for hunting because I can control when the bow fires.

The Longhorn Hunter or Longhorn Hex can be setup to fire at "almost" will and both are a hinge style release. Both can be setup to shoot using a wrist strap which can be used for drawing the bow. Those would be my choice if I were set on using a hinge for hunting.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I currently use a Truball Max Hunter 3 handheld after years of using a wrist release. Reason being - the dreaded 'target panic'. I'm particularly partial to the thumb push trigger action as opposed to pulling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts