Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning to coat the barrel, action, and scope one color then finishing the stock in a custom camo pattern to match.

Question is: Cerakote or film dip?

Pros - Cons...

~

Side note:
Hope everyone has been well, its been awhile since I last visited.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
I like Cerakote. I have it on several of my own guns that I carry daily. I've seen plenty more down at the store. The dip is cool, too. I guess it all comes down to what you are looking for. If it is a solid color or simple pattern, Cerakote would be my choice. A more complex pattern then dip is the way to go. Not sure what the corrosion resistance is for the dip, but in my limited experience it is outstanding for Cerakote.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Loke...

I have zero experience with the Cerakote and very limited experience with any firearm that has been dipped. At this point, im leaning on the Cerakote side for the simple fact that it seems (based on other friends accounts) to be much more abrasion and corrosion resistant vs the dip. Price is a little more for the Cerakote but nothing that would be prohibitive. Im still at least month out before ill have the barreled action, rings and bases in hand so I have plenty of time to do some more research.

Please keep the information coming if anybody has more to add...

Thanks, LG

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have no experience with dipping, but I had a rifle built recently and the cerakote turned out great on it. I also have a 1911 with cerakote and it seems like a pretty durable finish. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts