Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Archers,
It is getting down to crunch time to get your equipment ready for the fall. If you need a new string or a tune before time runs out hit me up. Most times i have a 2-3 day turnaround for string and a tune or a day for a set of strings.
Spend the next 2 months dialing in BH's and finding your critter on the hill and not worrying about your bow a week before the hunt. :cool:

Reactions: goosefreak

·
Registered
275 Posts
Archers,
It is getting down to crunch time to get your equipment ready for the fall. If you need a new string or a tune before time runs out hit me up. Most times i have a 2-3 day turnaround for string and a tune or a day for a set of strings.
Spend the next 2 months dialing in BH's and finding your critter on the hill and not worrying about your bow a week before the hunt. :cool:
I have a matthews LX and snapped my cable last night whats that run and how far out would it be?

·
Registered
854 Posts
Great guy to work with fast turn around and did a great job my bow shoots awesome!! Oh I need to contact you alpine about a creak my bow made before new strings it went away for a little with the new string but it is back again any ideas?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brendo, you could try grease but they made need just a good cleaning. My Hoyt was doing the same thing so i tore it all down and used a Q tip and alcohol to clean the limbs and the pockets and it cleared the creak up. All the dirt and dust buildup was causing it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a matthews LX and snapped my cable last night whats that run and how far out would it be?
Jrdn, it would be $25 for your cable and I could build it Sunday.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jrdn will be back in action once I get his new cable installed tonight.
Thanks for the order.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I try not to keep my customers waiting too long unless they have a hunting story to tell;-).
Be sure to let me know if you need any other tweaks and we can get you taken care of.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the call Derek. We will have you back to good in no time.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just saw your message USMARINE. Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
138 Posts
So, kinda of a dumb question and I feel like I should know this but how can you know when you need to replace your string? Mine is several years old and certainly shows signs of use but it's not frayed out or anything.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sliverflick it seems like people have there own barometer on replacing strings. I like to replace mine every year to make sure I go into a season without worry about what I have done to it the season before. If you have serving separation that has been grinding on the string you will want to change it. If your bow is getting out of spec i.e. loosing poundage and getting out of tune due to excessive string stretch you should change them and some just want to give there bow an new look occasionally. I would certainly recommend an restring for bows that are 3-4 years old and they are shot a bunch.
More often than not old strings are stretched out and not giving you bow maximum performance. I have seen even the "best" single cam strings be an inch longer than spec due to years of stretch.
Strings are certainly a maintenance wear item so just gauge your usage and and inspect the servings and decide where it sits. I my opinion I would certainly replace a 4+ year old string that has normal use just because you cant see under the serving where the strings are not getting waxed and constantly getting bent over harsh cam lobes crushing the fibers. Having a bow come apart on you is no fun.

Reactions: sliverflick

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey alpinebowman!how much would a quick tune up run me and where are you located? PM me if you would like. Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Alpine, would love to drop off my bow to you.......contact # and where are you located, Im sure everyone knows but me.:sad:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts