Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I started hunting last year--mostly rabbits and other upland game. I've been saving up and I just got my first bow! I am super stoked its the Bear Cruzer package and I am loving it. I am 30 and new to hunting in general, and brand spanking new to the whole archery scene, so I'll probably be around here trying to glean some general wisdom for all of you that seem so experienced! Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
thats great, archery is a sport that can cause an addiction every harvested critter is a trophy.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Welcome to Archery. Most Fun you can have with your Britches on. Been doing Archery 52 years. Wish I had another 52 to continue..ENJOY young man. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE :grin::grin:)))--------------------->

·
Administrator
21,406 Posts
Welcome to the Forum bezog and good luck with your archery endeavors.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Welcome, bezog. I'm about your age (31) been hunting my whole life, but my wife and I took up archery a couple years ago. I'm an archery neophyte, but I will be happy to impart my limited wisdom to any questions you might have.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Welcome! I'm a little older than you (43) but I got into archery last year. I can tell you this, in the last two years archery hunting I have learned more about hunting, and myself as a hunter, than I have all of the 35 years Ive hunted prior. Its an amazing experience to get within range of your quarry and make a nice clean shot. Good luck with your archery experience, these guys are usually filled with great information along with a little hot air from time to time lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone! I've gotten some practice in over the break, and it has been awesome. My daughter (5) says she wants a "bow like Mommy" when she gets to be a big girl. ha! My husband isn't into the outdoors so much, so I'm happy to hear that my little girl is excited.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yeah... welcome. This is a real addictive pass time. I too started shooting archery over 50 years ago, but have only hunted big game with a bow for 40 years. Best advise I can give you is nearly the same as Old Fudd's, go join a league and shoot during the off season. Take your daughter with you and make her your partner. I started my son when he was 8 (now he is 36). He likes his guns now, but we did spend some time hunting archery antelope together this past fall. Had more fun riding around in the buggy and camping with him than the actual hunt.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
The world of archery has changed so much in the past 3 decades. Now is an exciting time to get involved in it. When you have a bow you really enjoy shooting, it's easy to keep at it. Also, as you advance more, you'll get tools and equipment to work on your own stuff and tune your bow like no tomorrow. That's when it really gets fun.:O||:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts