Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking a lot lately that I want to change or do better with this year, and am just wondering what other peoples resolutions are.

I went to my first RAC meeting last year and it opened my eyes on some things that I want to understand better or help change in wildlife. Then I just went to that california bighorn sheep transplant last week and had a blast. Well, being a part of that, and then being able to "rub elbows" with some real "Doers" in wildlife management made me feel like I am not contributing to something that is a big part of my life and passionate about........Wildlife. It really awakened something in me. I spend so much time off work hunting, and then just go home and don't help make things better for the future is this awesome sport. So I have resolved to make that change this year. Of course, I want to be more successfull in my hunts this year as another resolution. So hear are mine.

1. Spend more time in the field scouting and hunting these animals.

2. Harvesting more (and bigger :D ) animals.

3. This one I want to focus the most energy towards. Be more active in wildlife management and habitat! Wether that is making my voice be heard, or by doing more hands on activities that benefits our hunting future!

So, what are yours???

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Great resolutions Erik!

Mine:

1)Spend more time in the mountains.

2)Be more active in conservation projects.

3)Help callofthewild harvest the bull of his dreams.

4)Get I400 implemented!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
proutdoors said:
Great resolutions Erik!

Mine:

4)Get I400 implemented!
What about Dutton no resolution for that? OR are you just so sure about it you aren't going to make one?:D

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
What about Dutton no resolution for that? OR are you just so sure about it you aren't going to make one?:D
See #3. I'll worry about me and my tag AFTER callofthewild gets his tag punched! A deal is a deal.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Get an elk with a bow.

Get a deer with a bow.

Get a years pass to UAC and shoot as much as possible.

Save time and money so I can hunt big game more this fall. 8)

Thats a start anyway.... oh, and see if I can get my wife to take her hunters safety so we can hunt together this fall. Thats kind of a big one for me.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm with you YAK....my son turns 12 in March and he has a new Diamond Edge so we can hunt together......maybe a cow elk hunt as well........!
For me, a little more patience would work wonders.......

·
Registered
812 Posts
proutdoors said:
Great resolutions Erik!

Mine:

4)Get I400 implemented!
those have got to be the best resolutions i have ever seen.

my resolution is to make sure pro gets his resolutions accomplished. all the while helping pro get a monster bull as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Since this is my first year doing dedicated hunter I want to get a muzzleloader and get familiar with it. Also shoot my bow as much as possible. Probably shoot the rifle a bit as well. :)

Also more of everything; scouting, camping, four wheeling, hiking,photography, and last but not least MORE GEAR. :D

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I just want to stay healthier.

Oh ya, also be part of my new 500" club that I made up this year.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ooooohhh, that 500" club sounds like a great goal to add as well. Good idea :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
My res. is to shoot a coyote with my bow. While calling them in. Another one is drawing my elk tag. (wasatch archery elk)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts