Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They keep changing all the hunts so I am not sure if there are any buck hunts going right now, if there are I found a group of nice bucks on the Dutton. Send me a PM if you know anyone with a tag for the unit.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Impossible! There’s not any nice bucks left on any general unit in the state. Just hop on over to MM and read all the internet biologists comments. There’s none left! Dang scoped muzzleloaders!

I’m not aware of any public buck hunts going on right now other than the extended. But in that part of the state, seasons and tags seems to be optional for many locals. Probably won’t be long before some of them disappear and magically end up in someone’s barn

·
Registered
750 Posts
Impossible! There's not any nice bucks left on any general unit in the state. Just hop on over to MM and read all the internet biologists comments. There's none left! Dang scoped muzzleloaders!

I'm not aware of any public buck hunts going on right now other than the extended. But in that part of the state, seasons and tags seems to be optional for many locals. Probably won't be long before some of them disappear and magically end up in someone's barn
It would be funny if I hadn't seen this literally happen on that unit.

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
I hope you reported it. Don't you get a free limited entry tag for reporting a poacher?
No. You "might" get a tag for the animal you reported as poached in the unit it was poached if it is on certain OIL or LE animals/units and if your information leads to a conviction, and the DWR decides they want to issue you that tag. It is entirely discretionary even if all the boxes are checked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts