Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever delt with Nikons warrentee department. I have some 3 year old monarchs that are the biggest piles of crap I've ever owned. The guy at sportmens actually talked me into spending less money to buy these and I have regreted it ever since. The latest problem :evil: is one of the internal lens has come off. My eye cups have both cracked, the rubber coating is coming of the housing, and thats just to name a few problems. Believe it or not, I've actually been gentle with this pair of binocs. My question is, how is there warrentee department to work with, and did I just get a lemon? I've heard other people say they love these binocs. I'm done with them however. If they send me a new pair they go up for sale immediatly, pm. if interested.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have heard horror stories about Nikon's CS. I have this more often than not. I was going to buy a Monarch X but I steered away because of their horrible customer service. Good Luck is all I have to tell ya.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear this. I met the local factory rep today when I stopped in at Impact. His name is Chad and he lives in Roy. Very nice gentleman. I currently own 3 Nikes on my Varmint rifles and I couldn't be happier. That being said I have never had to use their warranty or deal with their customer service. One of my shootin buddies just sent his Monarch in for some repair or replace work and he seems to be happy with their service to date. Hasn't got the scope back yet , but he just sent it in. By the way , a smith did the damage to his scope, not faulty to begin with. I have heard some shooters that have expressed some concern over service and getting through their website. I wish you luck in getting it taken care of.

Now I'm curious, what will you replace it with ??
and
I'm looking for a Monarch(new) in the 5-20x44 or 6-24x50. New side focus.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Al Hansen said:
Wow, sorry to hear this. I met the local factory rep today when I stopped in at Impact. His name is Chad and he lives in Roy. Very nice gentleman. I currently own 3 Nikes on my Varmint rifles and I couldn't be happier. That being said I have never had to use their warranty or deal with their customer service. One of my shootin buddies just sent his Monarch in for some repair or replace work and he seems to be happy with their service to date. Hasn't got the scope back yet , but he just sent it in. By the way , a smith did the damage to his scope, not faulty to begin with. I have heard some shooters that have expressed some concern over service and getting through their website. I wish you luck in getting it taken care of.

Now I'm curious, what will you replace it with ??
and
I'm looking for a Monarch(new) in the 5-20x44 or 6-24x50. New side focus.
I know Chad he's a good guy; used to run the optic counter at Riverdales' Sportmans' Warehouse.

I too have heard horror stories about Nikions factory service, good luck on getting them fixed.

I use thier rangefinders and love them.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm done with cheap end binocs. I'm thinking about the cabelas european binocs, but i'm going to start saving alittle here and alittle there, and hopefully by next fall I can afford some swaro's slc's. Does anyone know anything about the cabela euro's?

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
I have a pair of Nikon binoculars that are about 5 years old and I like them. They are clear to look through. These have seen quite a bit use including being in the dust on my 4 wheeler.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Zeiss Conquest

Fixed Blade -- Consider the Zeiss Conquest line. They use many of the same components as the high end Zeiss, but are made in Austria where labor and other resources are more economical. I have a set of 10x40s and love them. I accidentally left them sitting on my 4wheeler when I loaded it into my pickup last season, and they bounced around back there during an hour's drive over dirt roads. No damage was done, and for the price I'm very impressed. Zeiss also has a great rep for customer service, and the warranty is tops.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My most recent scope purchase is a Nikon. I was a little apprehensive because the customer service aspect was unclear, but I decided to take the plunge anyways. I figured if nothing else, Cabela's will take care of me and let me swap it for a Burris. I know their customer service is top-notch. I have a couple low-end Nikon binos that are still working great, so I am not too worried about it.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I can't find the reciept, Now i'm probably screwed I bought a nice pair of binoc 2 nights ago so i'm not to worried. It would be nice if they would replace my nikons for a back up pair.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts