Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hunting the ML wasatch LE and there are hardly any Bulls talking, is thus cause the warm weather? Also seeing bigger herds than expected 25-30 cows with a couple raghorns with them.

Can't figure this out, the only mature Bulls have been by themselves.

Anybody experienced this?

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I was on the wasatch last week and saw two bulls fighting. They were going nuts. This was north end.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Lots of bugle action when I was hunting on the Wasatch last week along with rutting, wallowing, and all kinds of fun stuff.-----SS

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
they were bugling like crazy all week long up strawberry river/bjorkeman canyon. I went to bed hearing them go nuts was pretty cool

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's hasn't really been cold enough to flip that switch to make the bulls go nuts into their full rut routine from what I have seen. I have however heard bulls across the state and some down south which responded to cow calls but that is it. Maybe we can chalk it up to global warming....;)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
It's hasn't really been cold enough to flip that switch to make the bulls go nuts into their full rut routine from what I have seen. I have however heard bulls across the state and some down south which responded to cow calls but that is it. Maybe we can chalk it up to global warming....;)
meh i had no problem hearing them bugle on the wasatch.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I hear there are 350 bulls on the road over to renegade and you just have to get out of the truck for a shot.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Last 2 nights on the Wasatch the bugles kept waking me up every 15 minutes and we saw 6-7 6pt and bigger bulls in the morning and evenings... had a 7pt nearly walk over our camp and spook the horses.... funny though my daughter has a cow tag and we never found a single cow, just half a dozen big bulls and 10 or so rag horns and spikes... so I ask you WHERE DO WE FIND the COW ELK you speak of? LOL
PM me if you wanna share info! :)

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Last 2 nights on the Wasatch the bugles kept waking me up every 15 minutes and we saw 6-7 6pt and bigger bulls in the morning and evenings... had a 7pt nearly walk over our camp and spook the horses.... funny though my daughter has a cow tag and we never found a single cow, just half a dozen big bulls and 10 or so rag horns and spikes... so I ask you WHERE DO WE FIND the COW ELK you speak of? LOL
PM me if you wanna share info! :)
They have all been slaughtered. everybody I talked to and my personal experience from being up on the wasatch for most of the month including some guides . Is there are still some good bulls but the cows are hard to come by. And they haven't even started the biggest part of the slaughter with the antler less control permits in the pocket of every general rifle elk and deer hunters. What a joke.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
I'll say it again,
The Wasatch elk herd is screwed...:!:....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts