Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my friend were all getting excited to put in for the turkey as a group, but the process didnt ask to "add a hunter". So we read the Proc that "group applications are not accepted." What a bummer! We were looking forward to put in together. Now that we can't, it totally changes which season we're putting in for. Now we are going to put in for a much easier draw so that we both can go, which is fine, but I wish we could have put in for the earlier harder to draw season. We figured with the increase in tags this year they would allow groups. I guess not. Bummer! Is anyone else bummed out as well?

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
Me and a bud wanted to apply together, but with 6 points each and the doubling of the tags, we both SHOULD draw. Not sure why we can apply as a party for Big Game, but not turkeys. :?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I know. The DWR told me they don't do groups with bear or cougar because they don't give out very many tags. But I figured with as many turkey tags this year they would allow it. Oh well, maybe next year!

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
suave300 said:
Yeah I know. The DWR told me they don't do groups with bear or cougar because they don't give out very many tags. But I figured with as many turkey tags this year they would allow it. Oh well, maybe next year!
Maybe in the next year or two the tags will be OTC! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
fatbass said:
That's too bad they aren't allowing group apps, but like pro said, maybe soon the tags will be OTC. Turkeys have become a real success story in Utah. Hats off to the UDWR for that!
And SFW, NWTF, and all the volunteers who have played a part in getting turkey's to the numbers we have now. I remember when the first turkeys were released out here in Tooele County, many locals thought we were loco, now I can't go in the hills out here w/o running into turkeys. I remember the days of feeding them, counting them, releasing them. Now hopefully in 2008 I can harvest one of them with my Hoyt!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I tried to put my wife's name in for a Turkey this evening but they require a hunting license to even apply.

Why did they get rid of the option to buy a license after you are successful on the draw? She would like to shoot a Turkey but doesn't plan on hunting anything else. If she is doesn't get the tag then she has bought a license that she wouldn't use.

Am I reading the application right?

I can't even buy her just a bonus point with out the license.

Shane

1 - 10 of 10 Posts