Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a great trip with my Son and Nephew last Friday night and Saturday. Caught plenty of fish and even a few good ones. I thought I could see old beds in the shallows but the fish didn't look like they had spawned. This weather has been crazy and I'm not sure how it effected their love patterns. What have you guys been noticing? I saw a really big fish that I'd love to get a crack at on a bed. Going to try another lake up north next weekend. Thanks for all your posts, I really enjoy reading them!

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
Had a great trip with my Son and Nephew last Friday night and Saturday. Caught plenty of fish and even a few good ones. I thought I could see old beds in the shallows but the fish didn't look like they had spawned. This weather has been crazy and I'm not sure how it effected their love patterns. What have you guys been noticing? I saw a really big fish that I'd love to get a crack at on a bed. Going to try another lake up north next weekend. Thanks for all your posts, I really enjoy reading them!
I think the majority of fish have spawned. There are certainly still some on beds, but for the most part I think they are done. Fished a lake in northern utah last night and landed about 2 dozen, only 3 of those still had eggs.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Do certain lakes have regulations requiring you to catch and release largemeouths? Never really fished for them here but did a ton in LA back when we lived there. Some of the best eating fish there is I think anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts