Utah Wildlife Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Wed. afternoon my cousin and I jumped a Corsican Ram from under a lone pine tree high up on the mountain. We were afraid to shoot it without the DWR's permission. The DWR was concerned about it traveling to other areas which have Bighorns on them and infecting the wild sheep.
Just before dark the DWR showed up and we glassed for the ram with no luck. While we were waiting for them to get to us, which was over an hour hike in. We lost track of the ram. After signing some paperwork, we got permission to hunt down the ram but I had to go back to work the next day and that's when the DWR went back in, found and killed it. They took the head to do samples for any problems it might have been carrying.
We wanted to shoot it real bad but were afraid someone might call us in for poaching a Bighorn if they saw us do it, so we thought it would be best to get hold of the DWR instead. Cool looking ram and about the last thing I was expecting to see in the middle of a very hot day.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,932 Posts
Crazy post! Too bad you didn't get s chance to take a shot after the green light from the DWR

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To set the record straight, an old forum favorite, my boyfriend, Shaun Larsen, actually found and killed this ram Thursday morning with a green light from the DWR. Here's a pic!
[/URL][/IMG]
WOW, good ole Shawn Larsen. I'd like to hear his side of the story.
He can PM me anytime.

·
Banned
6 Posts
WOW, good ole Shawn Larsen. I'd like to hear his side of the story.
He can PM me anytime.
There is no side to the story. I just said exactly how it happened. He spotted it, phone calls were made, 2 hours later, he had the approval from the biologist to kill him. So that's what he did. He removed the head, part of the lung, met with the biologist and gave it to him for testing. If you have any further questions you can send me a pm.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There is no side to the story. I just said exactly how it happened. He spotted it, phone calls were made, 2 hours later, he had the approval from the biologist to kill him. So that's what he did. He removed the head, part of the lung, met with the biologist and gave it to him for testing. If you have any further questions you can send me a pm.
That is the other side of the story. Last we heard, Wildlife services was called in to shoot the ram from the air, if they could find it.
We then get a voicemail on Thursday saying the ram had been killed and the head taken in for testing.
With no mention of another hunter killing it. We just thought it was the DWR that found and killed it.
Thanks for filling in the gaps.

·
Bjorne Lou Tsar
3,340 Posts
So Fishy, why didn't he keep the meat? I shot one of those many years ago and I remember the meat being quite good. Or did I miss something and he did keep the meat.

At any rate, they make a pretty cool mount.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
I'm amazed Shaun hit it. Seems he only knows how to shoot his mouth off around here.
Look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane......No it's Super Moderator.:)

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Maybe HairyFishy IS Shaun Larsen!! Caitlin Larsen now?
How about a poll...is it Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner or is it Manti Teo's girlfriend?? -~|--~|--~|--~|--~|--~|--~|--~|--~|--~|--~|-

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.