Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Did you see many swans?
I was out there Monday and Thursday evening. A few big flocks were flying over the Salt Lake, but not through Ogden Bay yet.

I haven't had any luck at Ogden Bay yet. I'm thinking it's because it's only good in the mornings. I've been out 3 times in the evenings. Lots of ducks, but they won't fly, even after I shoot. They're sticking close to the toolies.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The storm that just passed through should push some down. Were the swans looking to land or just passing through?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The storm that just passed through should push some down. Were the swans looking to land or just passing through?
Most of them were high and heading south. There were a couple low flying flocks and one flock of 30 or so that looped around and came back north pretty low around unit 1. Then they hooked it to the south again and left.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I have been out of town. I didn't take any picture but like I said it was a pretty good shoot. I think this cold weather will bring in more birds. Yes we did see a few swans but they were flying very high, Hope to get out during the stroms this week.

·
Registered
612 Posts
If the swans are flying around ogden look at the Howard slough west pond they are always going in there when they are around ogden bay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts