Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the Ogden for a couple hours after work. Browns are still stacked up in the deeper pools.

Managed to land 7 or 8, and had many others on. I had a few that went 13", but the rest were smaller. Saw some really nice ones.

Fish were smacking small Rapalas (floaters) and a silver Blue Fox. Didn't see anyone else on the river. Nice to get out.

[attachment=2:1tivhoka]Brown on brown.jpg[/attachment:1tivhoka]

[attachment=0:1tivhoka]Stacked Browns.jpg[/attachment:1tivhoka]

[attachment=1:1tivhoka]Small Brown.jpg[/attachment:1tivhoka]

·
Registered
348 Posts
Nice job on the browns man! It must have been great to be the only one on the river. I know I fish for the solitude, and not for the crowds. That was a cool pic with the fish all stacked up. It was hard to figure out at first, but then I started to see 'em and it's actually a very informative picture. Congrats again man.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Good job FC, I havent hit the ogden in quite some time. I used to always go right behind the Oaks and do good. Nice lookin browns there you caught.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I haven't hit the Ogden in a few months. Are they releasing much water out of Pineview? Normally this time of year its pretty slow flows and spooky browns. Glad you caught some fish!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The water is VERY low. Lowest I have seen it, and I have fished it for years. :evil:

The fish are very spooky, so you have to be pretty stealthy.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I have had success with a Brown Trout Rapala right where Monroe goes over the river. There is a nice pool right there. I am not sure if you knew about this site cane but you can find out flows of different rivers on this web sight. The Ogden had been very low over the past few months, which has been good for my dry flies :p

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ut/nwis/curre ... y=basin_cd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts