Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The replies to my last two questions have been great and very helpful so I have another one for you all.

I bought a Safe and moved my guns into it and with that and the reloading bench/room thread from Huge29 I have been inspired to clean and reorganize my gun/reloading room.

In doing that I was finally able to go through all of the stuff that I have got from my father and my father-in-law and have come up with a lot of different stuff I don't use or don't know exactly what it is.

I have a few 30-06 cartridges where the bullet has a brass tip, not just colored brass but it is metal and looks brass. Do any of you know what the bullet is?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DallanC.

I do have some old stuff still new in the box of different bullets.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Armor piercing rounds for deer wearing kevlar vests?

·
Super Moderator
9,611 Posts
They were actually considered the bullets to purchase back in the 60's and 70's. I shot a few deer with them out of my old 06.

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts
They were actually considered the bullets to purchase back in the 60's and 70's. I shot a few deer with them out of my old 06.
Yeah, me too. They had the best trajectory so we bought them back then. I'm sure I still have a partial boxes left over in 243 308 and 30-06.

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts
Armor piercing rounds for deer wearing kevlar vests?
No, the way I remember it the bronze point pushed the bullet back, the lead core back, causing the bullet to mushroom.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
I have boxes of those bronze points and I still use them for deer hunting. They are great! I have some silver tips too! $3.70 a box back in the day.

·
Premium Member
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have boxes of those bronze points and I still use them for deer hunting. They are great! I have some silver tips too! $3.70 a box back in the day.
I have heard that the old ammo in the original box is worth a lot to collectors, does anyone know if that is the case?

·
Super Moderator
9,611 Posts
It is worth more than the price that is on the box but unless you have a few cases of it I would just shoot it.

·
Premium Member
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is worth more than the price that is on the box but unless you have a few cases of it I would just shoot it.
I was thinking of trading old ammo that I don't use for ammo that I do.

I do have a box of Western X 25-20, I looked it up on Gun broker and they are asking $50 to over $100 a box for these.

I have boxes of several calibers that I don't use, for example, 4 boxes of 303 British, 2 boxes of 35 Remington, 3 boxes of 25-35, 2 boxes of 32 Remington, 3 boxes of 22 Hornet, a box of 38 Auto, 4 boxes of 257 Roberts. I may keep the 257 Roberts, I have always wanted to get rifle in 257 Roberts. And then a lot of reloading bullets and cases in calibers that I don't use.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Winchester had their "silver Tip" so Remington had to come up with something...."Bronze Point". They wanted to go with "Gold Tip" to out class Winchester, but alas...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts