Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, It must have been fat finger syndrome, but I meant to put in for all southern utah choices and ended up drawing the Ogden rifle deer tag.
I live in Nevada, this will be my first Utah hunt and was planning on weekly scouting trips if drawn.
I was going to turn the tag back in at first because I have never been up this way before. After looking at some maps I am even a little more discouraged, but I think I am going to give this a shot. I have looked at Willard peak area and surrounding. What I am after is , am I on the right track at all?
Any and all help will be so appreciated

·
Registered
202 Posts
Was it your first choice you drew? If not, keep the tag if you can hunt it since you will not get any money back and will not loose your preference points. A hunt is a hunt if you ask me.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
No sence in turning the tag back, no refund, and they DONT reissue general permits.

And yes, you keep your points on choices 2 thru 5 ......

·
Registered
282 Posts
I live right in the middle of the Ogden unit, out at least three times a week scouting and looking for big bucks and bulls since I archery hunt this unit for elk. Send me pm' sand I can point you in the right direction. There are some big bucks up around Willard peak but if any early snow come they are pushed right down into the private land. I won't give any secret information out on the forum but if you pm me or anyone else I will be happy to share some areas with you.

·
Registered
650 Posts
PM me if you want some insight. I can give you some places to start looking. Willard Peak area holds some big animals. I used to hunt that area as a youth when I lived in Brigham City. I spent a lot of time up there goofing off. Access is from Mantua. Attached are a couple of pictures I took from on top of Inspiration Peak (Above Willard Peak) looking North towards Ben Lomond Peak. The other picture is looking East down into a small valley south of the camp ground below Inspiration Peak. It was a favorite camping spot when we were scouts growing up.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts