Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to the narrows today to see if I could fool a brown. No luck! I used a rapala and fished just down from the dam. It was a nice day to be outside though, and I hope next time will yield a few more fish. Have any of you guys fished the narrows much this time of year? If so, what did you use?

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
You know, in all honesty, I wasn't entirely sure where the Oneida Narrows were until I looked it up three minutes ago. Just over the border into Idaho, and it's like another planet for me. I've got to get out more. :oops:

And about you guys who call a cold, snowy day in January, "a nice day to be outside," well, I must be missing something. :wink:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Petersen said:
And about you guys who call a cold, snowy day in January, "a nice day to be outside," well, I must be missing something. :wink:
Its ok Petersen. Im sure when I get old I wont want to go out in the cold much either. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well when there are hundreds of mallards mixed with pintails flying over your head with the ocational bald eagle, it makes for a pretty good day no matter how cold it is. It actually was sunny most of the day up there.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Wells, your timing should have been good. The narrows are beautiful this time of year and you'll need to spend a little time figuring things out. I prefer to stay away from the dam and usually fish below the bridge, there are still some good browns in there but they can be tough to find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts