Utah Wildlife Forum banner
81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
It was a beautiful morning on the mountain today. If 2full wasn't up in Montana he would probably be on the other side of those ledges sipping his morning coffee.
Sky Afterglow Natural landscape Red sky at morning Dusk

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Judging from the scat all over the hill, there was probably a bruin in the area that didn't appreciate me raiding his stash.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 · (Edited)
Having fallen on hard times after being canceled for promoting rape culture, Pepe Le Pew turned to raiding camp garbages. This turned out to not be a very good idea either. He took an arrow just to the right of his prison wallet which came out his left shoulder. He died pretty much instantly. Am I an idiot for shooting a skunk with a bow tail on at less than 5 yards? Probably. It worked out though.
Carnivore Grass Groundcover Terrestrial animal Snout

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
It was a beautiful morning on the mountain today. If 2full wasn't up in Montana he would probably be on the other side of those ledges sipping his morning coffee. View attachment 149229
I was sipping mine on the deck at daughters place up here. Was a perfect morning here as well.
We have seen a bunch of deer, both whitetail and Mulie. We just about hit a very nice bull moose the other night coming home after dark. That would have left a mark for sure !!

I trapped 2 skunks at our place last week. That makes 4 this summer. I got 11 last year. I'm pretty much real tired of them. That makes 35 in just over 3 years.

·
Super Moderator
3,530 Posts
CCG - what does Mrs. CCG do with the elderberries and choke cherries? I’m always interested in what others do with the berries found in the hills.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I was sipping mine on the deck at daughters place up here. Was a perfect morning here as well.
We have seen a bunch of deer, both whitetail and Mulie. We just about hit a very nice bull moose the other night coming home after dark. That would have left a mark for sure !!

I trapped 2 skunks at our place last week. That makes 4 this summer. I got 11 last year. I'm pretty much real tired of them. That makes 35 in just over 3 years.
Maybe that is why the grouse numbers have been so low in recent years. That's a whole lot of those little nest raiders running around!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Got a pretty easy shot on a bull over the weekend. 54 yards down hill. There was a real small stick that blended in real well I didn't see at 40 yards or so. About 15 from the bull. Wuddya know? I clipped the stick, sent my arrow into the dirt hitting a rock breaking my arrow and sending my broadhead who knows where. They say football is a game of inches..

Found another bull feeding in a meadow at 101 yards. Tried to get around him but by time I got around he was gone. Had other encounters as well.

They were talking with me pretty good during the week. Crazy because as soon as Saturday rolled around toward the trail head several miles back, the bugles went crazy all morning. Suddenly the elk around me decided to go quiet.
Learned a lot more this hunt.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Looks like a 2 blade single bevel with bleeder blades. Something like a wasp sharpshooter or magnus bullhead.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Looks like a 2 blade single bevel with bleeder blades. Something like a wasp sharpshooter or magnus bullhead.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Isn't the bullhead the turkey broadhead from Magnus? Good guess, but it's not either of those heads.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts