Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from Manzinillo, Mexico. Spent 10 days being paddled around the ocean by my wonderful wife on our 14 foot kayak, while i fished the whole time. It was our third consecutive year vacationing in beautiful Manzinillo. This year the fishing was a little slow, years past we were able to see the fish boiling in the morning. Still we had some success in catching a few! Our first fish was a needle fish that bit me and made me bleed my own blood :D Of course we caught a few hawk fish- always fun. With the slow action we enlisted the help of a local captain, went out on his boat for 5 hours. Left the beach at 7:30 started trolling with Rapala's-my favorite. At last-fish on, my first Grouper! Switched to 6" pink squids and ended up catching 4 Jack Crevalles, what a tough fighting fish!!! All in all a great trip with 2 new species under my belt and incredible weather. Well back to reality and the beautiful weather of Utah. Ice here I come!![attachment=3:3j072pwj]small_4.jpg[/attachment:3j072pwj][attachment=2:3j072pwj]small_1.jpg[/attachment:3j072pwj][attachment=1:3j072pwj]small_2.jpg[/attachment:3j072pwj][attachment=0:3j072pwj]small_3.jpg[/attachment:3j072pwj]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Sweet post puddles. It's about time you got your a** back here to work! What a great little wifey you have. By the way where do I get a 14 foot kayak with a 300 pound mexican captain and a motor???----Awesome pics dude, looks like you had help from a good friend posting them--I want to go I'm jealous :mrgreen:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,581 Posts
Poo Pie said:
By the way where do I get a 14 foot kayak with a 300 pound mexican captain and a motor???----Awesome pics dude, looks like you had help from a good friend posting them--I want to go I'm jealous :mrgreen:
That's funny shiz right there.... I was wondering the same thing...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
orvis1 said:
Poo Pie said:
By the way where do I get a 14 foot kayak with a 300 pound mexican captain and a motor???----Awesome pics dude, looks like you had help from a good friend posting them--I want to go I'm jealous :mrgreen:
That's funny shiz right there.... I was wondering the same thing...
Like I said the fishing was a little slow so i went out with captain richard on his boat. Sorry I didnt include any pics of the kayak. That Poo Pie is a real crack up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nambaster said:
Hey... I think I know that guy... Isnt his name Jesus? (Hey-soos) I brought me into a ton of trigger fish one winter.
Did you really get into some triggers? I have caught a few in years past.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
Puddles said:
orvis1 said:
Poo Pie said:
By the way where do I get a 14 foot kayak with a 300 pound mexican captain and a motor???----Awesome pics dude, looks like you had help from a good friend posting them--I want to go I'm jealous :mrgreen:
That's funny shiz right there.... I was wondering the same thing...
Like I said the fishing was a little slow so i went out with captain richard on his boat. Sorry I didnt include any pics of the kayak. That Poo Pie is a real crack up.
Oh come on puddles, you know you can't help but love me!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,359 Posts
Looks like a great time. Those Jacks are something else. Get into a school of those on a fly or a jerk bait and you are in for some good times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
Puddles said:
orvis1 said:
Poo Pie said:
By the way where do I get a 14 foot kayak with a 300 pound mexican captain and a motor???----Awesome pics dude, looks like you had help from a good friend posting them--I want to go I'm jealous :mrgreen:
That's funny shiz right there.... I was wondering the same thing...
Like I said the fishing was a little slow so i went out with captain richard on his boat. Sorry I didnt include any pics of the kayak. That Poo Pie is a real crack up.
Who Wouldn't be with a username of Poo Pie? :D :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
gotta love ol mexico me and the wife went to cozumel last year and ill never forget that trip 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,059 Posts
Must have been that dudes twin brother that took me out fishing. Yeah we mostly hooked into some monster trigger fish and calicos. But we did hook into one ray that pulled the boat around. We also pulled out some fluke and some porgys and some octapus and some un identified fish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Poo Pie said:
cajun1977 said:
gotta love ol mexico me and the wife went to cozumel last year and ill never forget that trip 8)
Did you and your wife do any fishing?
no i ended up having the brown bottle flu but my buddy went down to cabo a few years ago and he and his wife both caught marlins that were mount worthy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nambaster said:
Must have been that dudes twin brother that took me out fishing. Yeah we mostly hooked into some monster trigger fish and calicos. But we did hook into one ray that pulled the boat around. We also pulled out some fluke and some porgys and some octapus and some un identified fish.
I've caught a few small triggers in the past no monsters. Would love to see any pics you have of the fish you landed. We had rays jumping out of the water around us while we were on the kayak, couldnt help but think of the Crocodile hunter. What did you catch the ray on?
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top