Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Panguitch Sunday, trolled for about 4 hours. Caught 11 fish, 7 rainbows and 4 cutts. All fish were over 17 inches, the biggest one was about 20 inches and 3 lbs. All fish were healthy and active, just couldn't get one over the slot. Trolled with a small crawdad crankbait and a jakes wobbler. Caught Fish at all bottom depths, but the fish just seemed to be everywhere. Great time to take the kids or anyone who loves catching fish without putting in a lot of hard work.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Christopher first off, welcome to the forum. There is a lot of knowledge to be found on here. It sounds like you had a good day on the lake, good job on the success. Look forward to more reports!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went the previous sunday with similar results, and caught a cutthroat that was 21.5 inches long and probably about 3 pounds. That was the closest i saw. I figure by the time ice off comes around they'll be a good number of keeper 22 inch fish. I'm not a biologist, but as much as they've grown and as healthy as they looked i wouldn't be surprised to see some nice fish come out of there next year. Hopefully they continue to grow like they have in the last year and half and keep biting.

·
Registered
385 Posts
nice job on the fish and welcome to the forum. fish that size are kind of rare there. that being said i love panguitch because of its ability to grow numerous monsters. it is also nice to finally see someone from down south giving fishing reports. i felt all were lost after the old dwr forum went down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts