Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zach and I left for Pelican at about 6 A.M. and were fishing by a little after nine. It was -2 degrees when we arrived. I was glad to have the new tent. My first two fish were pound size bass and didn't see another bass till right before we left. The day was filled with alot of gills. I caught alot of good size gills contrary to what I've been reading on this post. We were close to about 50 when we left at about 2:00. The temperature was 7 degrees. Spent alot of time driving and it was pretty cold but well worth the trip. Can't wait to do it again.[attachment=0:2x05m9s7]pelican.JPG[/attachment:2x05m9s7][attachment=1:2x05m9s7]pelican6.JPG[/attachment:2x05m9s7]

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
They taste like puppies, JD! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol:

Just kidding. My wife didn't really like the taste of LMB and she's a white fish meat lover since childhood. I didn't try it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
LOL!! I'm leaving the "I can't handle people who eat bass" side of me out of this forum. Now I'm just trying to understand them. :? This guy obviously is going to eat the fish he caught because out of all of the fish he caught he selected 3 to take home and eat.

I'm not planning on harvesting any... I'm just curious as to how those guys taste. :D

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I've eaten quite a few Largies... even some smallies. Do I like em, yes I do. Are they rather bland tasting?? Yes, yes they are. So... what does any good cook do?? Spice the hell out of em.... thats right. Leaky has an oriental friend who turned him onto this really spicy, burn the hair off the bag oriental spice stuff. Man... a little goes a long way but man, that stuff is FANTASTIC with some LMB and gill filets. Do I know what its called, no, I do not. But I can find out for those that want to try some "spicy high desert bass filets". You'll keep a few more for the table once you have this delectable delicacy. 8)

·
Registered
147 Posts
fatbass said:
He did the "bait and switch" with spicy carp on you. :shock:

I grew up on LMB and they taste great. Most fish frys at my house consist of several species of fish and if all fillets are cut into small pieces, it's hard for some folks to tell the difference between bluegills and bass.
Amen, fry on brother!! MMmmm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts