Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
In the last report I heard from Bassrods not too long ago, he said there were spots up to sixteen feet deep. Not sure where though.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info, made a phone call to a guy in vernal he said he saw people on the ice this evening. Headed there next week... MmmMmm love me some bluegills!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FishGlyph said:
Poo Pie said:
Thanks Glyph, are you a regular on that lake?
I was this last ice on season. My husband and I went out every chance we got. We've been going ice fishing there off and on and we finally had some good fishing this last year. We normally fish it more during the warmer months in our waders. We've had a blast every time we've gone out. How about you, you a regular on that lake as well? :D
A few good friends of mine and I try to hit it at least three or four times in the spring and another couple of times in the fall. Last year was the first ice season we had been on but I gotta say it was a blast!
We usually drag the campers down from Salt Lake and stay at Brough, fish Pelican all day and then catch 'dads at Brough and kind of have a bluegill/crawdad feasty(in the warmer months that is :D )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Poo Pie said:
FishGlyph said:
[quote="Poo Pie":2l1d20m1]Thanks Glyph, are you a regular on that lake?
I was this last ice on season. My husband and I went out every chance we got. We've been going ice fishing there off and on and we finally had some good fishing this last year. We normally fish it more during the warmer months in our waders. We've had a blast every time we've gone out. How about you, you a regular on that lake as well? :D
A few good friends of mine and I try to hit it at least three or four times in the spring and another couple of times in the fall. Last year was the first ice season we had been on but I gotta say it was a blast!
We usually drag the campers down from Salt Lake and stay at Brough, fish Pelican all day and then catch 'dads at Brough and kind of have a bluegill/crawdad feasty(in the warmer months that is :D )[/quote:2l1d20m1]

That sounds like a hell of a time.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I talked to one of my best friends who runs a oil rig in Roosevelt and he drives past Pelican everyday. I talked to him 2 days ago and he said it freezes every morning and unthaws during the day.. maybe that will change your mind about going next week.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
americanforkdude said:
I talked to one of my best friends who runs a oil rig in Roosevelt and he drives past Pelican everyday. I talked to him 2 days ago and he said it freezes every morning and unthaws during the day.. maybe that will change your mind about going next week.
wow talk about a buzz kill! don't think it will change my mind, just have to be off the ice b4 it melts huh :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts