Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the tag allocation is in regards to resident/non-resident? I seem to remember at one time it was10% but don't know if I am remembering correctly. Or if I am remembering correctly did it apply to OIL or just deer, elk and pronghorn? I quickly went through the application guide but didn't see the answer there. Thanks for the help folks

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
DWR shoots for a 90/10 split and for the most part it's close give or take.
In 2020:

LE Deer: 1546 Res, 143 Nonres
LE Elk: 2702 Res, 274 Nonres
Moose: 123 Res, 7 Nonres
Bison: 99 Res, 13 Nonres
Desert Sheep: 73 Res, 5 Nonres
Rocky Sheep: 59 Res, 5 Nonres
Mtn Goat: 109 Res, 9 Nonres

I figure the slight under 10% is because the CWMU draw hunts are for residents only, but I'm guessing the paying clients are much more likely to come from out of state so there is that to factor in but that is not part of my numbers above and is conjecture on my part.

·
Super Moderator
9,421 Posts
Over the counter tags are sold on a first come first sold basis, so in theory a group of non residents could get all of Utah's general season any bull tags.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Over the counter tags are sold on a first come first sold basis, so in theory a group of non residents could get all of Utah's general season any bull tags.
I think I heard one of the DWR licensing folks once say that non-residents buy less than 5% of OTC bull tags.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts