Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pet cats served as 'baby tigers' live in grim conditions. http://tiny.iavian.net/4wwp

Download Drudge Report(@drudgereportapp) from Google Play Store

·
Super Moderator
4,248 Posts
Im not a big cat fan,but thats just wrong-O,-

·
Administrator
21,297 Posts
Wow, that's cool. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very interesting article. If these cats were treated fairly and such it might not be as big of a deal. Living with Tongans I had horse meat, dog meat, and horse bone marrow regularly. I really liked it. My mother-in-law has 20 head of horses and I joke with my wife all the time that she has easy a couple years of food storage. (This is all in joking of course and is never spoken to my mother-in-law.) Also, while living with Filipinos they would regularly feed me "meat". As I prodded further and further they would never tell me what type of "meat" it was. But, I noticed that the more and more "meat" we ate the fewer and fewer cats they had each time we went. That was until one of them had kittens. So, I am not advocating eating dog, horse, or cat but other cultures eat very interesting items. I've eaten cat, dog, horse, blood sausage (cow blood cooked in stomach casing), balut (20 day old baby chick still in the egg), cow stomach, cow tongue, etc. Really the only unpalletable item I had was the blood sausage (it coagulates) and some nasty green jellyfish (not sure if old or they just taste nasty). Either way, this doesn't surprise me much at all.

·
Administrator
21,297 Posts
Very interesting article. If these cats were treated fairly and such it might not be as big of a deal. Living with Tongans I had horse meat, dog meat, and horse bone marrow regularly. I really liked it. My mother-in-law has 20 head of horses and I joke with my wife all the time that she has easy a couple years of food storage. (This is all in joking of course and is never spoken to my mother-in-law.) Also, while living with Filipinos they would regularly feed me "meat". As I prodded further and further they would never tell me what type of "meat" it was. But, I noticed that the more and more "meat" we ate the fewer and fewer cats they had each time we went. That was until one of them had kittens. So, I am not advocating eating dog, horse, or cat but other cultures eat very interesting items. I've eaten cat, dog, horse, blood sausage (cow blood cooked in stomach casing), balut (20 day old baby chick still in the egg), cow stomach, cow tongue, etc. Really the only unpalletable item I had was the blood sausage (it coagulates) and some nasty green jellyfish (not sure if old or they just taste nasty). Either way, this doesn't surprise me much at all.
A little bit of vinegar in yer blood sausage will keep it from coagulating. :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
We have animal shelters in the US. In Vietnam they eat them.:EAT: Open a restaurant near your local animal shelter, Sounds like a money maker.:shock:

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
it's no wonder why people over there are only 4 feet tall. Steady diet of cats. I feel bad for those little critters. Some cats are cool and personality goes a long way when it comes to treating them like we do cattle or pigs. Now what is messed up is the fur industy, anyone see that video where they pack cats up by the thousands and stuff them into crates with broken limbs etc? Pretty messed up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts