Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 5 or 6 weeks back my wife and I were at Cabela's just window shopping when I came across a very nice Zeiss Terra 4-12x42 scope in the bargain cave, at the time I wasn't in a position to buy but decided that if it were still there on our next visit I would pick it up. So as luck would have it the scope was still there when we went down to buy some fishing gear yesterday and I think I will be very pleased with it, in addition to the $20 off for opening a credit line there I also received an additional 5% military discount. In the end I think I paid around $320 for a brand new scope with a lifetime warranty that has great reviews, should be perfect for getting comfortable out to the 350-400 yard range.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sweet most people don't know. You do have 30 days to return stuff bought from the bargain cave. Sounds like a good deal on a nice scope.

·
Administrator
10,476 Posts
Makes you wonder why it was in the bargain cave??

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makes you wonder why it was in the bargain cave??
Not really sure, it was not a used unit but the nifty plastic case did have a crack in it. Either way I'm happy with it, the old school Bushnell Sportview I have on it currently was good for my 236 yard elk last year but it's time for something better. Not to mention us guys need to change things up in our toy collection on occasion.

·
Administrator
10,476 Posts
I know that some things end up in the cave for no apparent reason. I have seen optics that were defective and then Cabela's sent them them to the manufacture for repair and then into the cave upon return. I hate it when someone uses Cabela's return policy to use something one time and then returns it for no real good reason other than they couldn't afford it when they purchased it but wanted to have the benefit of using it.

Remember it isn't the scope that allows you to shoot further but the rifle and shooter themselves. The scope just provides clarity at further ranges.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Things end up in the bargain cave for many reasons...retail can be a strange thing for those not in it...but Cabelas and other retailers never knowingly put a defective, broken or non functioning product out for sale. But when one does slip though they will make it right. So...be sure and get that scope mounted up and tested before their return time runs out.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remember it isn't the scope that allows you to shoot further but the rifle and shooter themselves. The scope just provides clarity at further ranges.
I fully understand this, some people with better gear would have missed the same shot I made with 'lesser' gear, it all comes down to knowing what you are doing and how to hit your target.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Things end up in the bargain cave for many reasons...retail can be a strange thing for those not in it...but Cabelas and other retailers never knowingly put a defective, broken or non functioning product out for sale. But when one does slip though they will make it right. So...be sure and get that scope mounted up and tested before their return time runs out.
I hope to in the next week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts