Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been out shooting the new bow and I'm getting comfortable with it. I'm hitting consistently at 20-50 yds. The interesting thing is that the gap between my 20 and 30 yd pin is larger than the gaps between my 30 and 40 pins as well as the 40 and 50 pins. That seems counter-intuitive to me, is there any explanation to that other than user error?

I'm hitting consistently so I don't want to change anything up but I'm just curious if it has something to do with my anchor point changing or if there is a law of physics I'm not aware of.

·
Registered
565 Posts
So I've been out shooting the new bow and I'm getting comfortable with it. I'm hitting consistently at 20-50 yds. The interesting thing is that the gap between my 20 and 30 yd pin is larger than the gaps between my 30 and 40 pins as well as the 40 and 50 pins. That seems counter-intuitive to me, is there any explanation to that other than user error?

I'm hitting consistently so I don't want to change anything up but I'm just curious if it has something to do with my anchor point changing or if there is a law of physics I'm not aware of.
I suppose you could have a nock point issue (nock to high or low) that causes the arrow to kick down at 20 but then level out at longer distances. Just a theory, and I'm no expert.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
My guess is you don't have a consistant anchor point or your looking through the peep different at different yards. Draw length and proper fit are common problems with guys new to archery.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Arrow flight follows laws of gravity. So, unless it is operator error, it's got to mean your bow angle is high enough that the flight apex is occurring at a significant point downrange. I wouldn't touch it for this season. May want to play with your knocking point, kisser button (anchor point), arrow rest height, etc. after the season. if your arrows paper tune and fly straight - maybe never?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Never in 25 years of coaching and shooting myself have I seen what watcher is describing. To do what watcher is saying you would have horrendous arrow flight and it would just get worse as you go back.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Never in 25 years of coaching and shooting myself have I seen what watcher is describing. To do what watcher is saying you would have horrendous arrow flight and it would just get worse as you go back.
I don't disagree at all. How many times in 25 years have you seen the 3/4 pin gap smaller than the 1/2 pin gap?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I don't disagree at all. How many times in 25 years have you seen the 3/4 pin gap smaller than the 1/2 pin gap?
i haven't seen it either. i'd but a bow square on it as polar bear suggested. even if i wasn't going to fix it now, i'd still want to know. i'm curious how his broad heads fly compared to field tips?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts