Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother and I have tags for Pine Valley this year. We went scouting on Labor Day and only saw three bucks. I know they are there but we were pretty discouraged. Does anyone have any advise? We are not looking for giants just a fun hunt. Maybe we were just in the wrong areas. Feel free to pm.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
My brother and I have tags for Pine Valley this year. We went scouting on Labor Day and only saw three bucks. I know they are there but we were pretty discouraged. Does anyone have any advise? We are not looking for giants just a fun hunt. Maybe we were just in the wrong areas. Feel free to pm.

Thanks!!
So, where were you looking? Are you looking for a hunt where you can keep moving (road hunt, spot and stalk) or are you willing to sit near a waterhole for a few hours? What's your accuracy range? The bucks are there, but this isn't Southern Wyoming where you have a choice of three or four dozen per day.

Edit, Sorry Corbin! I just looked at my PM's and saw you have sent one earlier, but I was up on the hill archery hunting for elk and deer when it came on my computer at home. I'll PM you going forward.
Lee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts