Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have access to a Pineview topo map? My google skills are failing and not producing much. Feel free to PM it if you don't want to broadcast it. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I have the Boating USA, Western Region app (Navionics) on my cell and there are NO contour lines shown for Pineview except 2 or 3 lines following the shoreline. Very disappointing to me because that is one I like to fish during the winter. Hyrum, Strawberry, Starvation and others are shown well, but PV is not. :cry:

Reactions: Greenhead_Slayer

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
I have the Boating USA, Western Region app (Navionics) on my cell and there are NO contour lines shown for Pineview except 2 or 3 lines following the shoreline. Very disappointing to me because that is one I like to fish during the winter. Hyrum, Strawberry, Starvation and others are shown well, but PV is not. :cry:
Probably because its a fairly flat, shallow even lake bottom?

-DallanC

·
Registered
801 Posts
Probably because its a fairly flat, shallow even lake bottom?

-DallanC
No, the Navionics maps don't cover Utah very well. Strawberry has depth contours every 1 ft but many other lakes have few or zero depth contours. Pineview has one depth contour, even though it's around 80 feet deep. The best bet for a map of Pineview is probably the one from Fish-n-map that has 5 ft depth contours. It includes a couple of other lakes as well. I have the one for Scofield and Rockport and it's quite useful. I know Fish Tech carries them and probably other fishing stores around town.

If you have a GPS sonar and chart plotter software you can map it out yourself by going back and forth in a boat.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is more what I was looking for, contour lines throughout the whole lake, not just the shore. I'm hoping to buy a Lowrance this year and record everything onto an SD card and generate a few good contour maps for some local bodies of water. Seems like it's pretty tough to find a good contour map for a few bodies of water close by.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Seems like it's pretty tough to find a good contour map for a few bodies of water close by.
Yep, pretty much hit and miss. But the phone app only cost $10 and covers several lakes I like to fish, so not to bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts