Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 20 of 369 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I consider myself a dog lover, had at least one or more since I was in my wee little crib. Farm dogs hunting dogs hound dogs working dogs even those stupid little lap dogs. I think I am open mined on this subject. But I swear if I see another pitbull attack I am gona go postal. I mean really you cant blame an alligator for being an alligator or a bear for doing what bears do, but all those owners who say oh my pit is a good dog, you are crazy, put the darn thing down. Kill it, it is a waste of K9 flesh. There are to many good dogs being euthanized. If you don't believe me do a search on KSL and compare pitbull attacks to all other dogs combined….. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH… http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10467910

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
Re: pitbulls... Waist of skin

FWIW labs bite more people than those useless things, of course there are about 1,000x more labs than those pieces of trash. I had a neighbor whose K9 dog did the same thing to a kid, he was a German Shepherd, had to be beat off of the kid by the officer with a 4x4, dog was quickly put out of its misery.
I am with you, they are the most worthless pieces of trash...

·
Registered
6,021 Posts

True, Labs do bite more people, but when a Pit bites you it's for blood and they DON'T let go. They are a status symbol among the sector of our community that is a little more "thug" than most. (Enter Micheal Vick) Therefore they don't get trained to do anything but be a thug (fighting) like their owners. I have met some nice ones but they were owned by nice people who didn't tolerate any crap from their pets.

I'm with you though, totally worthless breed.

·
Registered
139 Posts

I am still stuck back in the east and had a run in with three loose running pitbulls 3 months ago while running my hounds.
all three came right for my hounds and I did not hesitate to drop the three of them. I called to see if they had a local dog catcher and that was a mistake, but I figured if someone owned them ( no one did) they'd want to know why and what happened.
Fish and Game came, local police, state police, started off telling me they have felony charges for animal cruelty in this state, (vermont, no pistol permits needed, no ccw, follow the US Constitution only, every American has the Right to Keep and Bear arms, but they got stupid laws about animal cruelty) shooting an animal is considered animal cruelty...I asked if any of them were hunters, they said they all were, I asked them how long til they were arrested for shooting a deer? They talked about that a good bit and decided that my shooting the dogs once each was not cruelty and was self defense and defense of my property. The local cop said he thought three for three on running dogs with a six shooter was probably luck, I said I know it was since I was too afeared for my life to take aim, pretty sure I had my eyes closed and was crying too....ijit.

Take to carrying your rifle or open carry your pistol and when the pitbull owners say something say oyu can't afford to feed a pitbull and the weapon doesn't shed on your couch.

Reactions: Tabswan

·
Registered
292 Posts

TEX-O-BOB said:
True, Labs do bite more people, but when a Pit bites you it's for blood and they DON'T let go. They are a status symbol among the sector of our community that is a little more "thug" than most. (Enter Micheal Vick) Therefore they don't get trained to do anything but be a thug (fighting) like their owners. I have met some nice ones but they were owned by nice people who didn't tolerate any crap from their pets.

I'm with you though, totally worthless breed.
i couldn't agree more. i hate pitbulls, but on the same note.. my brother has one and it is no doubt the best family dog ive ever seenn. my nephews pull his ears and climb on him and he just stands there.

but it is how the owner takes care of it like mentioned before.

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts

Rabbit_slayer16 said:
but it is how the owner takes care of it like mentioned before.
This is probably 60% of it, with 30% being personality, and the other 10% belongs to the mean streak in 'em that runs a mile wide. Let's face it, these dogs were bred to be aggressive, tenacious, and in some circumstances downright MEAN.

Like Tex said, labs bites may be more common than pitbull bites, but the statistic that should be looked at more closely is the percentage of bites that result in emergency care for serious injuries. This little girl that had her face ripped apart will be scarred mentally and physically for the rest of her life. Way too often it is little kids who get the short end of the stick in these situations.

So I agree with the author of this thread- they're worthless. The same companionship can be had from a different breed that doesn't have the mean streak.

·
Registered
222 Posts

Every time this comes up I get PI$$ED. How many of you have owned one? They are the most loyal, couragous, dogs hands down. Will your dog willingly give its life up to protect your family? All of the problems are the owners, we should put them down. The dogs were bred to be fearless gladiators, they need to be controlled at all times. This is the owners responsability. I own two labs, they are trained,fenced, and leashed. I am respnsable for them at all times. They are animals. Owners of Pits need to do this times two. Pits are not mean or evil, they are animals. Some owners are cruel to them. They try to bring out the worst. I know people who rescue fighting dogs. After training they are just dogs. Vic

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

"Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were involved in approximately a third of human DBRF (i.e., dog bite related fatalities) reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through 1992, and Rottweilers were responsible for about half of human DBRF reported during the 4 years from 1993 through 1996....[T]he data indicate that Rottweilers and pit bull-type dogs accounted for 67% of human DBRF in the United States between 1997 and 1998. thus, there appears to be a breed-specific problem with fatalities."

this is a quote from this web-site http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html

Statistically they attack more often per species. When they do it is always more severe if not FATAL. I don't blame the dog. I blame the city council for allowing them in the city. Rattlesnakes are safer. So as I said before, PIT BULLS are a waste of flesh. I would rather a rabid coyote loose in the city.

Reactions: Hoopermat

·
Registered
1,681 Posts

ZEKESMAN said:
Every time this comes up I get ****$ED. How many of you have owned one? They are the most loyal, couragous, dogs hands down. Will your dog willingly give its life up to protect your family? All of the problems are the owners, we should put them down. The dogs were bred to be fearless gladiators, they need to be controlled at all times. This is the owners responsability. I own two labs, they are trained,fenced, and leashed. I am respnsable for them at all times. They are animals. Owners of Pits need to do this times two. Pits are not mean or evil, they are animals. Some owners are cruel to them. They try to bring out the worst. I know people who rescue fighting dogs. After training they are just dogs. Vic
That's the **** problem! Owners of Pitts don't give "times two", so there will still be instances of these **** things hurting and even killing people. Even if the owners are good people and not necessarily thugs, these things will still snap and attack if they are triggered.

A pointer that has never been hunting will still point at a pheasant if it finds one, do you get what I am saying? :?: :idea: You can't fully tame a lion, and you can't fully tame a dog that was bred to attack with great jaw strength and never let go.

If it takes a **** professional to train a pit, ordinary citizens shouldn't own them. *\-\*

·
Registered
228 Posts

ZEKESMAN said:
All of the problems are the owners, we should put them down.
You really won't find any argument here, but you kinda missed the point.

These dogs are bred to be aggressive fighters, just like retrievers are hard wired to fetch things, and just like pointers point. in other words they are predispositioned to do what they do (maul people), just like their owners are predispositioned to wear MMA t-shirts and live in trailer parks.

There may be good dogs, but the breed as a whole isn't good for anything but dog fighting.

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts

hyperduc said:
ZEKESMAN said:
All of the problems are the owners, we should put them down.
You really won't find any argument here, but you kinda missed the point.

These dogs are bred to be aggressive fighters, just like retrievers are hard wired to fetch things, and just like pointers point. in other words they are predispositioned to do what they do (maul people), just like their owners are predispositioned to wear MMA t-shirts and live in trailer parks.
:lol: I also have a sister who had one, fortunately in past tense, finally came to her senses after it attacked a neighbor's livestock, fortunately not a person. The thing that is so curious to me is the conviction that these non trailer trashers have in owning them. Like their goal in life is to prove the image incorrect at the risk of their own well being as many have recounted above.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts

Fowlmouth said:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10581826
2 dead ones..... :|
I'd call that pretty damned stupid, why the hell didn't they first call in animal control ?
Four detectives had been watching the man's house for about two weeks, and were aware of the dogs, before the search warrant was issued Wednesday.

·
Registered
468 Posts

Pitbulls are a waist of skin. But it's more the stupid dumba$$ owners. It's not cool the build a dog up to be a scary looking dog. I know many dogs that will stomp the guts outta a pit and don't look mean at all. I do think pits have one purpose and that's to catch pigs.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

ZEKESMAN said:
Every time this comes up I get **** How many of you have owned one? They are the most loyal, couragous, dogs hands down. Will your dog willingly give its life up to protect your family? All of the problems are the owners, we should put them down. The dogs were bred to be fearless gladiators, they need to be controlled at all times. This is the owners responsability. I own two labs, they are trained,fenced, and leashed. I am respnsable for them at all times. They are animals. Owners of Pits need to do this times two. Pits are not mean or evil, they are animals. Some owners are cruel to them. They try to bring out the worst. I know people who rescue fighting dogs. After training they are just dogs. Vic
Pitbull= nothing but trouble! ditto for Rots!

·
87 Posts

ZEKESMAN said:
They are the most loyal, couragous, dogs hands down. Will your dog willingly give its life up to protect your family?
My wiener dog would readily gives up his life protecting me.

Having worked in an ER for twenty years I can tell you the most common breed I saw bite children, mostly on the face was a ****er spaniel. It must be those soft eyes and floppy ears.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts

The dogs were bred to be fearless gladiators, they need to be controlled at all times.
Owners of Pits need to do this times two.
That says it all right there.

A dog that needs twice the training and attention to keep them from being nuisance animals with a propensity for killing people and other dogs. Hmmmmm. :? Worth it? I think not!

·
Registered
222 Posts

So I ask again, is it the dogs fault? Should they recieve the death sentance? Or should the owners face criminal charges? Is it the guns fault when someone is shot? How about those evil assalt rifles? " Handgung are made for killin, they aint no good for nothin else" in the words of Lynard Skynard. Sound anything like the pitbull arguments? just saying Vic

1 - 20 of 369 Posts