Utah Wildlife Forum banner

361 - 369 of 369 Posts

·
Senior Goof
3,605 Posts
Well, it wasn't a pitbull but a husky.

While there is a lot of blame to go around the kid is the one that is going to have to live with just one hand.

Parents teach you young kids not to even think about petting strange dogs, or even ones that they haven't been around.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dogs-bites-off-hand-utah-boy-trying-play-151844752.html
That was an incredibly hard article to read. I can't imagine my kids going through that type of trauma. I hope the boy ends up ok.

Can't even blame the dog. A fuzzy sock object wiggling under the fence was easily seen as a toy (or a bunny).

EDIT - Leaving my original text as it went with the original story. In light of the parents side, it is even worse now and really hard to hear what the father was going through trying to stop it. Again, I hope the boy and his family can find healing.

Not sure how the news got it sooo different. or why they would have wanted to. Effortless journalism?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Labs were bred for retrieving for how many generation? Most labs, even out of uncontrolled breeding, love to retrieve. Pits were bred and selected for what? For how many generations? I don't understand why so many people assume that the 'best' in genetics will persist and the bad is just environmental. The 'bad' is still very close to the surface in a pit's genetics and nobody knows 100% when or what will trigger a response.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
The mom of the boy posted some details of what happened according to them. Quite different than what is in the original article posted here. I'll post up the screenshots tomorrow.

Sad situation no doubt

·
Registered
2,798 Posts

·
Administrator
7,914 Posts
I feel weird liking your comment but I’m glad it helps clarify what happened

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wish the news wouldn’t have messed up the story from the start. All the tender heart PETA types are raising hell about the dogs being quarantined. They need to hear the moms side of the story so they’ll quit crying and talking badly about the child and his parents.

361 - 369 of 369 Posts