Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious how this year's hunt for antelope on the plateau unit has been going? How are the antelope numbers and quality? I drew the muzzleloader tag and i am really looking forward to get down there.

·
Registered
650 Posts
If you are talking about the Loa area, there are fewer and fewer all the time. I have drawn that unit for archery loper 3 times in the last 11 years and hope to draw again next year. Each time we go, there are less and less. I was there two weeks ago riding my UTV around. We covered a huge area from Bicknell to 20 miles west of Loa. The only place we saw any lopers was in the Boulder mtns, and that was only 2 small herds back in a canyon on the GWT system. This time of year, they usually are all over in the lower Boulder mtns. No so this year. It has been a mystery to me where they have gone. Still, it is a fun hunt I look forward to going each time I am eligible for a permit. 2 years ago, we took 5 for 5 with archery gear.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
No queston, WAAAAAY less antelope on Parker the last few years.....

Transplants, hard winter kill 5 years ago, AND TONS of permits have numbers low..

I drew, and harvested lopes there with my bow in 2005 and 09....

There are better units these days, but it's still OK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts