1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Administrator
7,936 Posts
The Lions Club range is great and I really would be sad to see this lost.

Signed

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
The turkey shoot will be gone, i am signing am signing this bitch right now!

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Brad Johnson, president of Bountiful Lions Club, which operates the gun range, said the exchange wouldn't affect activities at the range.

"The houses that they're proposing to build would not be any closer than existing houses are to the range. It would just be on the west side as opposed to on the south side," Johnson said. "We don't see a downside to it. We don't see a reason to oppose it. But whether it actually comes to fruition, that's another matter."
-DallanC

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Development creeping up those mountains has to stop somewhere or there will be nothing left as winter range for deer and elk. Leave it undeveloped and in public hands. Think of how easy BS like this would be if the state owned that Forest Service land. Another example Utah should never get its hands on federal lands.

Reactions: 7MM RELOADED

·
Registered
248 Posts
The developers will build houses and at first it may not have any effect on the range.

Then you will get some liberals moving in and later complaining about the proximity of the range to their homes and parks until it eventually closes.

Look at Draper, I live there now.

So many people have moved in over the years and I still hear complaints over the smell of cows. Heck, when I was growing up nearby Draper was known as 'cow-town' there aren't hardly any cows or even areas to keep them in Draper anymore.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The gun range is great, but I think the bigger issue in this case is protection of the foothills from more encroachment. There's plenty of developed land in the foothills. I'd like to see the few open areas in the foothills remain open.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
The gun range is great, but I think the bigger issue in this case is protection of the foothills from more encroachment. There's plenty of developed land in the foothills. I'd like to see the few open areas in the foothills remain open.
Definitely, they make their decision on the 17th so it's important to contact them and let them know that you don't want any more development in the foothills and this transfer to be denied. Again here's the link to the city councils emails and phone numbers:

http://www.bountifulutah.gov/Mayor-City-Council

·
Registered
704 Posts
Signed!!! I am sick of this kind of crap.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
DONE!!!

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status