Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to give a shoutout to our Wildlife Officers for their diligence in investigating Poaching/Trespassing incidents. On monday my brother and I were hunting and witnessed 3 individuals trespassing/poaching on Wolf Creek Ranch. I filled out the online form to just report it, expecting nothing to happen. To my surprise I got a call today from the officer and he happened to already be investigating it up on Wolf Creek Ranch. He asked if I would come up and identify the area and show him what occurred. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised that the online form worked and that a wildlife officer was investigating the incident. Even with the small number of DWR officers they do listen to us and take action appropriately.

Here is the link if any of you find yourself in a similar spot:

http://wildlife.utah.gov/law/information.php

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Yes thank you to the thin line of wildlife officers in this state, keep up the good work.

Reactions: LostLouisianian

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If you go up Big Pole there is a Public Access road that takes you through Wolf Creek Ranch. Up at the top it connects to the National Forest and Lake Creek. I'm not sure how Wolf Creek Ranch got strong armed into having to have a public access road but you are allowed to go through. They supposedly have 24,000 cameras throughout all of Wolf Creek Ranch. Not sure how anyone can get away with it. I knew a kid in high school that hunted illegally on there and they had pictures of him packing the elk out. I've seen horsemen patrolling the canyon where the forest service and Wolf Creek Ranch meet. That is why it was crazy to my brother and I when 1 hunter and his 2 buddies so blatantly shot at a buck on the ranch where they knew we could see them.

·
Administrator
21,349 Posts
24,000 cameras? Lake Fork Drainage?

Wow, they probably have hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Utah wolf videos.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, back in high school we use to do construction up there and that is what they'd tell us. I know the 24,000 is an exageration but every turn there are 3 of those metal encased security cams and the guy told us when the home owners aren't there they can give them access to view all of the cameras in the houses and on the property. All I can say is there are way too many cameras up there to be screwing around with trespassing/poaching. The DWR Officer said he was in the guard shack looking at the video feeds from monday for additional evidence. Haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts