Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My understanding is that bonus points do not really help you on units that do not have bonus tags. Is this correct? For instance, if I had 17 points going for deer, but the unit did not have any bonus tags, my odds are the same as the person putting in with 0 points? Can anyone clarify?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Not true. You get 18 chances in the draw (17 for points + 1 for the current application) and the guy with 0 points gets 1 chance for his current application.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The help, there's just no bonus pool of tags. You get a random number for each point you have and one for the application this year. They take each applicant's lowest point and order all applicants according to that point. If you're number comes up before they're out of permits, you're the lucky winner of a tag. So you'd have 18 times better odds of getting a low number verses the person applying with 0 points.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Keep this in mind on cwmu's with one tag, your odds are the same as some one with 0 points

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Keep this in mind on cwmu's with one tag, your odds are the same as some one with 0 points
Not true, Willfish4food summed it up best. A person with 18 points gets 18 chances to draw the lowest possible number, a person with 0 points has only 1 chance. Points benefit people both on the tier side of things and in the main draw.

People with the lowest numbers get the tags.

-DallanC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts