Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about going up to Porcupine this saturday to try for some trout and/or kokanee. Has anyone been up there lately? Is there much water left in the res? How is the fishing? What is/is not working. I am planning on taking my canoe and doing some trolling. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Pavlik

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Honestly- I would say leave your canoe and fish below the dam with your fly rod. The water is rising and you probably would catch some small bows but it really isn't a go to place right now. You would have a better time canoeing and trolling Newton for a Tiger muskie.

·
Registered
385 Posts
packfish maybe someday you will have to show me around on that res. on the fly rod.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Chuck- that lake used to be a fly rodders dream for big browns and some large cutts- but basically those days are gone. Yes there are still some OK fish in there but when they drained it the ones that made you hear Jaws music when tubing at night are gone.
The fishing on the river below can be OK at times and the trolling for Kokes on the lake can be good and getting better but the days of the of 10# plus browns are sadly not there at the present time. I do think that lake could come back if the F&G would do something rather than say there isn't a good boat ramp there. Hell that's the best thing about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts