Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here shoot at the range in Price? I heard it goes past 1000 yards? Im only looking to shoot 600 to 700 to sight in a rifle. Just wondering if they let you shoot paper out to those ranges and if its usually pretty crowded as im 2 hours north of there. Usually I find a spot in the forest but too dry already. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
North Springs Shooting Range is the best range in the state! It's a little drive for me as well so I don't make it out there but once every couple years. It's generally not too crowded in my experience. They have covered shooting benches and targets out past 1,000 yards I think. You can shoot paper or gongs. They even have golf carts to go check your targets. They also have pistol ranges and a cowboy action shooting town plus trap and some archery 3D targets. The place is world class and well worth the drive for an all day shooting event--take all your guns! Writing this makes me want to schedule a trip there! and the best part is the cost is well within most folks 'Price Range' HAHAHA! Sorry. couldn't resist

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha awesome. Thanks for giving me the real ranges name as Im sure my description turned some heads. But good info. Its a shame how dry it is for the forest. I found a spot up here by Strawberry that can reach 800 yards. But backstop is just a buck brush hillside so only good early spring or early winter. I have also had issues in the forest recently as more people are taking their horses out everywhere. And they are proud to say no one should shoot in the forest anymore as they are riding all over. Just a pain in the butt all around.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You could try the Three Mile Creek Range in Perry. They go out to 1,000 yards. It can get busy there though. The website is currently saying they are only open Saturdays and Sundays which could add to the business as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts