Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a new wench and i can't get it apart :evil:

any suggestions on how to get it apart

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had one (before it was stolen). They are tight. Is it white with a black end? If it is you just gotta pull hard. If you are trying to tune it, I found that the high pitch that it came with worked good for long range. I would use it on bright sunny days with little wind. If the birds werent flying I would just blow on that thing as hard as I could. It could have been irony, but with in five minutes the ducks would show up. Crazy. My bro in law couldnt believe it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It only takes once to break the seal then you'll be fine...it is tight, but just move it around a pull...it will come!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some where i heard that putting it in the freezer over night helps? anyone else heard of that

·
Registered
129 Posts
"I had one (before it was stolen). They are tight. Is it white with a black end? If it is you just gotta pull hard. If you are trying to tune it, I found that the high pitch that it came with worked good for long range. I would use it on bright sunny days with little wind. If the birds werent flying I would just blow on that thing as hard as I could. It could have been irony, but with in five minutes the ducks would show up. Crazy. My bro in law couldnt believe it."

In order for it to work right you have to do it from the dike, wearing blue jeans, and hunting someone elses decoys :roll:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a couple of them and I have noticed the same thing. I have found that the best thing to do with any of my calls that I can't get to come apart is to take one of those little rubber things that you may have in your kitchen drawer that you or your wife use to open jars whith their lids on too tight.

I've done that before and they came right apart when I twisted it just like you would a jar.

Hopefully this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts