Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to popular demand (Pro) we are bring back the score your spike elk thread. So let's see all those big spikes taken this year. :D We had some real monster last year. The score is the total length of both spikes and around both of the bases. Pro said he would give the winner a full guided trip on next years spike hunt, he loves to hunt skyline on the opener from the road. Good luck. :wink:

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
*\-\* <<--O/

·
Registered
196 Posts
good to see you shootin' that recurve already. Tex must have got ya hooked up with a new bow real quick.

happy new yr!!! <<--O/ :wink:

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
You are quite the observant one aren't you?

Happy New Year to you as well. Keep your eye open for a calf elk that could go 'book' next fall! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
I saw this on the mountain. Last season !!.. :shock: :shock:

Note the S-10...favorite of road hunter's everywhere..!! *\-\* *\-\*

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the high class rig that you will roll down the road in on your hunt with pro. Lets get those spike elk pictures posted!

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
OK, I'll kick this show off.

These two monsters were shot back to back on the same water hole in the Wasatch unit back in 2002, 2003. The first one green scored 56 5/8 Not really good mass, but he made up for it in length of tines. The second bull had better mass, but didn't have the tine length ya like to score good. He green scored 49 1/8. This bull was my favorite elk kill of all. I shot through him with a 650 grain snuffer tiped cedar arrow and after making mince meat of his lungs and heart it smacked his humorus bone on the other side and shattered it. The bull went down like I'd shot him with a 300 mag, then staggered 30 yards and was done. I didn't think a 55# recurve was enough bow for elk untill this day. One of my favorite trophys. 8)

·
Registered
449 Posts
TEX, you are the MAN!!!
-()/-
Backstraps be praised! Anyone who kills an elk with a recurve is a hero in my book!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Geez tex those must be P&Y class spikes. Pro is probably going nuts. I like the strategic leaf placement in the second pic.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
jahan said:
Nice Tex. What is even better than the trophy spike elk........the red suspenders, totally bitchin'. 8) :D You the man to post something like that on the world wide web. :lol:
Those were hilarious... I do however think its cool that you carried the Predator camo pattern right on up to your hat with your camo makeup. Thats a good couple bulls you shot.

·
Registered
623 Posts
You know how many people ski right over exactly where these pics were taken? And, he still sports those red suspenders.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
I hate belts... 8)

I have both these hunts on video too. Pro, how much money would Mossback give me for the footage? _(O)_

·
Registered
135 Posts
I hope this thread is still going when I get my spike back from the taxidermist!! I haven't scored him yet, but I'll be sure to let you know and post pics. :lol:

I bet you guys wish I was kidding... 8) :oops:

·
Registered
12,174 Posts
You guys ain't much of 'trophy' spike hunters, only one hunter with pictures? Come on, where are all the great trophy spike hunters at? :roll: :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts