Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding Archery:
If I draw out a northern region buck/bull combo, can I still take part in the Wasatch Extended Archery hunt for the deer, if I havent filled the deer tag by the end of the combo hunt? Or is Wasatch Extended only for general Buck permit holders?

Another thing, If I draw an any weapon hunt, or am a dedicated hunter, could I alternate weapons? say start with a bow, but bring a rifle along just in case after a week or so I cant get a comfortable shot with my bow?

Also, how are cow moose tags given out? I didnt see it on the drawing app. Thanks for your help-

·
Registered
320 Posts
1. You can hunt the extended unit with a combo tag from Oct 4-16, because it is an "any bull" area, but not during any other time of the year.

2. Yes you can alternate weapons during an "any weapon" hunt.

3. Cow moose drawing period is in June.

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you are a dedicated hunter, you don't want to hunt the Northern Combo area, unless you want to give up your DH tag for this year. I too had that idea, but when I spoke to the folks at the regional office here in SL, they said if you draw the combo tag, it takes the place of your DH tag for this year. Better off to just buy the elk tag and hunt if in combination with your DH deer tag....not at the same time of course. :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts