Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, I finally drew my buck pronghorn tag for the Puddle Valley unit. I've been doing some scouting and seen some nice bucks, but I was hoping someone with experience hunting the area can offer some advice on where there is water, areas to concentrate on or avoid, and any tips from those who have hunted there. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
With a rifle tag, I wouldn't worry about finding the couple of guzzlers out there. After a good rain storm, they water at all the many puddles in that valley.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With a rifle tag, I wouldn't worry about finding the couple of guzzlers out there. After a good rain storm, they water at all the many puddles in that valley.
I noticed that during my last scouting trip, there was so much accumulated rainwater that it had even filled up sections of the road for as far as the eye could see.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
If you stick to the frontage road along I-80 and the main puddle valley road and the road out to the grassys and the road around the East side of lakeside mnt... You should be able to find one you like.
Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts