Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going to public quite a bit recently and haven't really been able to figure this place out. I've seen tons of birds in the morning, but can't find them latter. I've really tried and put in a lot of time out at public so far this year and only killed one teal. Just wondering if someone who knows and hunts public would be willing to provide any advice for hunting there this time of year. Any information, general or specific that might be able to help me bag even a couple of ducks would be great. thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Only (1) Teal! :shock:

Try hunting the "rest" pond, it's been fairly successful for me! Even shot my swan there! 8)

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
He's about one dike off. 8) Sounds like its icing up now but if you can find "open" water... you'll do well. The three units right by the rest pond will probably hunt pretty well for you next season... but guys will set up for geese on the ice this year still, and probably get a few ducks to go with them.

·
Registered
447 Posts
their was alot of birds out there today most on pintail lake some geese to, got the binoks out and saw two banded geese out of 33 geese.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts