Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my oldest brother out to public today, Saturday the 17th. I thought the birds would be flying much better than they were. There were a few, and we did bring home one wigeon and one golden eye. This next part I hate. I did knock down another, but it hit the water swimming. :? I pelted it twice more, but it wouldn't die. :( :x I don't have a dog trained for ducks, and we were on foot. No Boat. I don't own a duck boat yet. I headed out after it, but for every 10 yards I went, the bird went fifty. It swam over to the other side of the lake and into the weeds as best I could tell.

I could now go on a tirade about steel shot, but I won't. And if anyone says steel is just as good as lead, :evil:...... Let's just say, that I did an experiment several years ago. The lead won hands down. No comparison. I know, there's heavy shot, tungsten, etc. And I do own a bit of that. But the price is more than I can afford to use it constantly. Is this another scam to make hunting a rich man's sport? I am not convinced that lead does what it is proported to do. Maybe someone can enlighten me? :rotfl:

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sucks crippling birds and not being able to retrieve them, at least you gave an effort. I have seen close to 30 birds crippled and no effort made to retrieve them at Farmington Bay, I pi$$ed off a guy the other night when I went after a cripple, he told my buddy "he just ruined our hunt".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts