Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poo Pie, Skylar and I arrived at cemetary point around 0930 with about a half dozen other people on the ice. We set up in 35' with little action for the first hour. Moved into 20' and started catching perch, around 25 for the day. Dirty Curt joind us around 1300 with his two sons. The boys and skylar were able to catch a perch, always great to see how excited they get. In hope of catching a tiger I had a couple of rods rigged for them. I also had another rod with 4lb test and a cobley jig for the smaller fish. At noon I had just released a small perch and was getting my line back to the bottom when my rod went nuts!! My first musky-what a rush!! It took about ten min, 8 great runs, and Poo Pie getttin wet up to his pits to land the fish :D We took a few pics and released the beast back to swim again. My rod measures 30" as you can see the fish is a bit bigger, our guess is around 34" to 35",with a girth of around 17". Have no idea how much he weighed, if you have an idea please let me know. What a fight on the 4lb line and tiny jig. Thanks Poo Pie for the assistance.[attachment=2:13v3haoe]musky01.jpg[/attachment:13v3haoe][attachment=1:13v3haoe]musky02.jpg[/attachment:13v3haoe][attachment=0:13v3haoe]musky03.jpg[/attachment:13v3haoe]

·
Registered
952 Posts
Looks like a great day at the view. That musky is a nice looking one! If you dont mind me asking, what did you have rigged up to catch him? Im planning on heading there tomorrow, and wouldnt mind at least tryin for one.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Puddles said:
My rod measures 30" as you can see the fish is a bit bigger, our guess is around 34" to 35",with a girth of around 17". Have no idea how much he weighed, if you have an idea please let me know. What a fight on the 4lb line and tiny jig.
To get a weight estimate here is the formula

length X girth X girth / 800 = aprox weight

Accourding to the your numbers, it should weigh close to 12.6lbs

Nice fish.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
RnF said:
Puddles said:
My rod measures 30" as you can see the fish is a bit bigger, our guess is around 34" to 35",with a girth of around 17". Have no idea how much he weighed, if you have an idea please let me know. What a fight on the 4lb line and tiny jig.

Nice fish.
Nice calc's Rnf !!! Now can you catch and tie-up that avatar of your's???? :D :D

Nice report Poo Pie ( :D ) and Puddles 8) ....you guy's sure get out a lot...thanks for all the reports!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice fish Puddles. Makes me jealous. I've caught two of the Muskies, but never threw the ice . That has to be exciting on a ice pole and four pound test. Great job!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Nice fish.[/quote]
Thanks for the formula. I'll have to use that in the future.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sweet Musky puddles. How was the ice? thicker than last time I hope. I'm never listening to poo pies' ice report again!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
McFishin said:
Sweet Musky puddles. How was the ice? thicker than last time I hope. I'm never listening to poo pies' ice report again!
Thanks, it was a great fish im excited to get back up there and try for another. Why so negative about Poo Pie?

·
Registered
889 Posts
McFishin said:
Not listening to me? Then I guess you won't be reading this anyway. Fine with me- One whole post, thanks for all of your shared info! I have a great time fishing and like to talk about it when not. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
McFishin said:
All you need to do Mccaptain is call on your cell from shore and we will let you know how the ice is. Goin back up this four off let you know what day.

·
Registered
67 Posts
So quick with the angry reply poo pie. i'm glad I wasn't close enough to get punched. :shock: I'm taking the whole fam on sunday. I'm thinking pineview, mantua, or newton. LETS DO THIS!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not listening to me now? I see how it is :cry: . I'm going to do some checking on Newton Res. they have muskies there too but not nearly as much preasure.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts