Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see if anyone here has gone over to Pyramid lake and fished for the legendary cutts ? Heading over this weekend- any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No matter what- I got to tie some more flies- get to see some new water and get practice standing on a ladder all day- may which will help in my refinishing of the log home when I get back

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In all reality they catch more fish on a spinning rod and a 1/4 ounce black marabou jig- But they seem to use a lot of buggers- some tied on a jig hook- then the pop corn fly- ( a foam topped deal) . Chrominids- not much different than any other lake- but with a tinch heavier tippit

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
3rd cast- 6 to8#- only fish I landed in 3 days- snowed and 40 mph winds the next days- it's a one time deal for me- too far to drive- if I lived closer it would be a different story. 5 guys drowned so far this year. Fairly nasty lake when the winds get rolling. Interesting to see 20 guys to the left of you on ladders - 15 to the right---- stuck in the middle again. I did get the info you need to though to do it again.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
3rd cast- 6 to8#- only fish I landed in 3 days- snowed and 40 mph winds the next days- it's a one time deal for me- too far to drive- if I lived closer it would be a different story. 5 guys drowned so far this year. Fairly nasty lake when the winds get rolling. Interesting to see 20 guys to the left of you on ladders - 15 to the right---- stuck in the middle again. I did get the info you need to though to do it again.
Any pics?

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
If the fishing sucks at Pyramid, drive two more hours west and fish the upper Sacramento. Epic wild Rainbow action....best in the world as far as I've seen.-----SS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts