Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just took into the local office and was told I need a notarized signature from the company that runs the CWMU stating we have not hunted the unit. Apparently the hunting season started in August up there.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
Any idea when that would be? or just yes and yes lol
Yes there is a minumum date to turn in the tag, yes there is a different date if you want (most) of your money back. Seeing as you never said just WHAT your tag was, that was all the help I could give.

-DallanC

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just called on this myself. Just know that you have get the physical tag AND surrender form filled out and to them before the hunt starts. No last minute calling in at the end of the day on Friday when you suddenly get cold feet. They told me no refund.

Anyone know if there are situations short of proving either death in the family or extreme medical condition, where you'd actually get your money back?

·
Registered
603 Posts
There is a medical form to fill out, and you need to have a Dr. sign and then you are eligible for a refund. It doesn't have to be an extreme medical condition, I hurt my shoulder this summer and had to surrender my antelope permit.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
You have to turn it in before the season starts. I have turned 2 LE elk tags in in the last 2 years and i was refunded for both but last year was a medical reason( my wife was very sick) and she died this year. I was not expecting a refund this year but the lady at the slc office did the paperwork for me and it was approved. Pleasant surprise. You get your points back on any surrendered tag just not a refund on all of them.

·
Registered
10,054 Posts
Anyone know if there are situations short of proving either death in the family or extreme medical condition, where you'd actually get your money back?
Yes. you have to turn it in within a month or so of recieving it. We turned in my wifes LE Bookcliffs deer tag this year and got back all but a $25 processing fee.

-DallanC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts