Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the view today. It was cold, and the wind was howling the whole time. We only stayed for about 45 min. before others in my party decided they had enough. I managed to get one big crappie about 10 or 11 in. and one small perch. We were at cemetary point. I caught both fish on a small white tube jig tipped with a mealworm. I ce was about 6 in., with 2 inches of slush and about 16 in. of snow. Wind was just brutal. Talked to some guys next to us who had been there all day with only 2 bites.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Might see if I can hit up that area tomorrow or tues, sounds good to go with the 6 inches of ice. I doubt my daughter would last long if the conditions are the same.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont really know. I dont have a fishfinder. My best guess is about 25 ft. where we were. 100 yds or so out from shore. I really wanted to stay longer, but others in my group had other ideas. :cry:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice post boss. I am excited to get up and ice some pineview crappies and perch. That is great that you got into a few at least. Good luck through out the rest of this ice fishing season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts