Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rabbit hunting season always starts on Thanksgiving Day, as it will this year. So...every weekend until fishing ( normal fishing ) starts up again I will be in the desert. I went out a few weeks ago for a quick survey and found a couple of partial truckloads of garbage scattered around the valley..
I really don't understand the reasoning in hauling this crap so far and taking a chanch of somebody seeing you... :?
Most landfills cost about 7 bucks(?), and they can recycle most of what is brought into them..for hell sake's...pm me and I'll give you the 7 bucks !!
In this pic is a 55 gallon drum, various odds and ends. Out of the pic are 5 gal. cans of concrete sealer, broken wheelbarrow and more construction junk !!

Somebody really needs to be ashamed of themselves !!! :evil:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
its not just out in the sticks either.. just last night someone dumped an old mattress and box spring right by the ponds in south jordan...

LAME

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
5 bucks up here in the Layton area. Has to be more than that to take it out to the desert. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Al Hansen said:
5 bucks up here in the Layton area. Has to be more than that to take it out to the desert. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Guess you really cant call them lazy... STUPID is more appropriate...

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I created this thread, I spoke as if 'everybody' is a member of this forum...My apology !!

No way do I believe any of this forum member's would do that... :)

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
I agree, I was out in the desert all weekend and the amount of trash was dispicable. Also when are people going to learn that fire rings arn't trash bags. :evil:

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's messed up. I don't know how it is for everyone out there, but where I live the city will park one of those massive dumpsters in each neighborhood a few times a year for "neighborhood clean up" type of stuff. That's when everyone cleans their garages and does the heavy duty yard work around here. I know several communities do the same thing, and dumps are not that inaccessible, so why pull this crap?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The outdoors are really such a beautiful place, anyone with an ounce of appreciation for that beauty would not even think of doing such a selfish thing. We should have a outdoorsman code that if any of us catches someone doing that we follow them home and post their address on here and we take turns taking dukies on their lawn //dog// /**|**\ Tazmanina Dukie!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts