1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
I keep hearing North....

·
Registered
599 Posts
For the love of all that's sacred, dont go east!!!! Those Wyoming wabbits can bite. :rotfl:

·
Registered
56 Posts
it helps to know where you live. west for me could be east for you. my recipe for shooting rabbits seems to be:

desert + sage brush + few trees (maybe a few junipers and cedars) + an unpopulated area

Pretty much anywhere I go with those ingredients will hold rabbits. The snow helps too because you can quickly determine how the population is doing by the tracks and droppings.

·
Premium Member
4,049 Posts
Here's a clip of those Wyoming rabbits.

·
Registered
56 Posts
south ogden should go north and then west... anywhere in west box elder county is pretty good. just drive around on dirt roads till you find some road kills. lots of hawks in the area are a pretty good sign also.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Elkhuntingfool said:
head west of Promontory and you'll be in the right spot.
Careful how far west you go and make sure you are not on private land. It is not posted very clearly in some spots. The box elder county sherriff will write citations. About a year and half ago we were out there and received a warning because the owner had just recently posted it. They were giving it one year and then it was a no questions asked citations and the fine was steep. Being caught twice was a fine and confiscation of any firearms and impoundment of vehicles. Best bet is call and talk to the sherriff they were very helpful in identifying were we could hunt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts